Monday, April 28, 2014

Pregnant Ladies


I loved this picture of two of the last pregnant ladies on the ranch still carrying 2014 foals having breakfast together. When I first brought this recipient mare down to the barn to start foal watch a couple of weeks ago, the pony was in the neighboring pasture. This mare just about ripped my arm off trying to pull back and get away when she first caught a glimpse of this diminutive pony. It took me forever to coax her through the gate because she had to get closer to the pony in order to get into her pasture. Now they're buddies, of course.

The bay paint is the last recipient mare I have to foal out this year. She is carrying the much-anticipated Garys Stray Cat x Halreycious foal. The pony, Raindrop, belongs to Casey's six-year-old son and is carrying a surprise (we don't know what bred her before she came to live here or when she's due). Raindrop's foal will cause just as much excitement when she has it, though, because we're all looking forward to seeing such a tiny baby! Below is Raindrop's glamour shot.



1 comment:

  1. The glamour shot is too funny!! I can't wait to see the babies!

    ReplyDelete